Thank you for your interest in TenPoint Crossbow Technologies. Please see below for a list of current employment opportunities.
*Currently accepting applications for General Assembly on a walk-in basis. Please stop in to fill out an application if interested.
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to lead engineering projects related to the design, manufacture, and improvement of crossbow components and related consumer goods by applying fundamental and advanced mechanical engineering theories and principles.
- Apply rigorous Mechanical Engineering and Physics principles to the design and performance of new and existing crossbow designs; specifically, to the design and performance of limbs, cams, risers, string and cables and other functional components.
- Utilize SolidWorks Simulation, Mold Flow and other SolidWorks add-ins. Design crossbows and crossbow related components using SolidWorks.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to lead projects for designing, prototyping, testing, pre-production, production tooling, product implementation, and quality control phases of a specific part or product design cycle.
- Contribute to departmental projects, including: Develop engineering drawings, specifications, quality control procedures and other detailed documentation for all assigned projects; Coordinate project activities and ensure all project phases are documented and completed appropriately; Work in a team environment to clarify or resolve any design problem.
- Follow test procedures and assist with the destructive and non-destructive testing of new and existing parts and assemblies using a variety of methods.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining dimensional analysis documentation for each part using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD& T). Perform stack-up dimensional analysis on new and existing assemblies.
- Perform production part, drawing and assembly revisions using the documented ECN process. Play a key role in the data management process including higher level Enterprise Document Management system functions (SolidWorks).
- Assist the Engineering Department and Quality Inspection Department with the measurement and validation of incoming parts and assemblies as required.
- Reports to the Director of Engineering. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Applicants with anything less than a BS in Mechanical Engineering will not be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of SolidWorks and SolidWorks Enterprise Production Document Management (EPDM) system required.
- Certified SolidWorks Expert CSWE preferred.
- Certified SolidWorks Simulation Professional (CSWP-S) preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years related experience in a similar engineering setting required.
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) preferred.
- Computer skills: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook required.
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks surfacing, mold tools, simulation, and other add-ins required.
- Advanced knowledge of machining practices, injection molding equipment, product design, dimensioning, tolerancing, and inspection tools preferred.
Please email resume to Katie Bednar firstname.lastname@example.org, Human Resources.