Take Your Summer Grilling Up a Notch
The time of year has arrived when grills are fired up nightly, and bragging rights are on the line. Who's the best chef? Who's got the best recipe? If you're like us, you may enjoy a hamburger from time-to-time, but you would prefer some freshly grilled venison any day of the week. We've tapped our in-house grill expert, Jake Hout, to give us one of his all-time favorite deer kabob recipes.
- 1 pound of chunked up deer steak, roast, or back-strap cut into 1 inch chunks
- Favorite steak seasoning
- 1 zucchini cut into 1 inch chunks with the skin left on
- 1 onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 lb. pack of chicken tenders cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 bottle of zesty Italian dressing
- Step 1: Soak the skewers (if wood) in warm water for about an hour so the skewers don't burn
- Step 2: Cut up vegetables and meat.
- Step 3: Season the deer meat with the steak seasoning
- Step 4: Assemble the kabobs (I like to put zucchini or meat on each end of the kabob to hold everything in place)
- Step 5: Place all the kabobs in a large casserole dish and pour the entire bottle of zesty Italian dressing over the kabobs and let them marinate for at least 1 hour (3-5 hours is better)
- Step 6: Place on a hot grill that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray and rotate every 3-5 minutes until the kabobs are done
Thanks and Happy Hunting.